Ararat organisations and volunteers were recognised last Monday at a celebratory event held by the Ararat Rural City Council, during National Volunteers Week.
Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said it was wonderful to see so many nominations put forward for outstanding individuals and organisations.
“We truly appreciate our volunteers and this event was a small thank you for the countless hours they give to their communities,” he said.
“Without volunteers, there are many services and programs that simply could not operate, and we really appreciate their efforts. We also thank Peter Brennan for being our guest speaker on the night.”
Organisation/event awards were presented to the Ararat Eisteddfod, Ararat Golden Gateway Festival, Moyston Easter Market and Ararat Brigade.
Individual awards were presented to:
- Kaye Fox – Ararat Breast Cancer Support group
- Bev Walker – Ararat Breast Cancer Support group.
- Mervyn Fox – Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Marianne Wilson – Ararat Park Run
- Angela Reynolds – Ararat Park Run
- Peter Jovic – Ararat Park Run
- Rick Thomas – Ararat Tennis Club
- Peter Horvath – Meals on Wheels
- Brian Collins – Ararat Eisteddfod
- Sally Perry – Ararat Golden Gateway Festival
- Melissa Perry – Ararat Golden Gateway Festival
- Rhonda Wall – Country Fire Authority
-Producer & Anchor
-Founder of AC News in 2017