Ararat snake catcher recovers after snake bite

Ararat snake catcher and Jamie and Kim’s Mobile Zoo’s, Jamie Lind was bitten by a highly venomous tiger snake yesterday in Willaura whilst attending a snake call out.

A snake struck Lind in the armpit before an ambulance was called to the property. He was transported by ambulance to the Ararat Hospital and then transferred to the Ballarat Base Hospital.

Jamie and Kim’s Mobile Zoo shared a post on Facebook this evening, stating that after 24 hours in the intensive care unit and two doses of antivenin, they think Jamie is out of the woods.

The post thanked everyone for their support.