Community groups and event organisers across the Ararat area are invited to grant workshops to help them through Ararat Rural City Council’s new community grants and events funding application process.
The council’s new community support grant and event funding program will deliver a total amount of $171,000 over two funding rounds every year. Up to $3000 is available for community projects and up to $5000 is available for festivals and events with money given on a 2:1 basis.
Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said clubs, organisations and community groups will be able to complete projects that benefit the community after a review of the Council’s grants and event funding program was conducted earlier in the year.
“This new-look model aims to meet the aspirations of all stakeholders and be a one-stop-shop for all funding requests,” Dr Harrison said.
“The new program will have two rounds of applications each year, one in April and the second in October. Under the new model, Council will provide $2 for every $1 provided by the applicant.”
The first of the workshops will be held on the following days and at the following locations:
- Ararat- Wednesday 26th of October at 5:30pm at the Alexandra Oval Community Centre.
- Pomonal- Thursday 17th of October at 12pm at the Pomonal Community Hall.
- Warrak- Thursday 17th of October at 3:30pm at the Warrak Hall.
- Lake Bolac- Monday 21st of October at 4pm at the Lake Bolac Community Complex.
- Moyston- Wednesday 23rd of October at 5:30pm at the Moyston Recreation Reserve.
- Willaura- Thursday 24th of October at 4pm at the Willaura Recreation Reserve
- Elmhurst- Friday 25th of October at 10am at the Elmhurst Bush Nursing Centre.