Ararat Wind Farm Sustainable Grants were awarded at an event last month to community groups across the Ararat Rural City, Northern Grampians Shire and Pyrenees Shire areas.
The grants were presented by Ararat Wind Farm and Wind Lab representative Shaun Blackie, alongside Ararat Wind Farm’s Dean Tonkin who spoke.
Mr Tonkin said the Ararat Wind Farm was delighted to announce the grants to provide financial support to promote social and environmental sustainability initiatives for the benefit of local communities.
“This fund is part of the Ararat Wind Farm’s community investment program,” he said.
“It was great to see the Ararat Wind Farm’s Sustainable Grants Fund distributed across the three Councils to again provide assistance so the community groups can complete their important projects.”
The program has been running for three years, supplying community support to local community groups. This year the program received 26 applications, with 17 successful groups sharing in $65,000.
Ararat Rural City Council’s CEO Dr Tim Harrison and Cr Gwenda Allgood, and Northern Grampians Shire Council Mayor Cr Tony Driscoll attended.
The grant recipients in the Ararat Rural City are:
• Ararat Basketball Association – moveable scoring bench
• Ararat Live – equipment replacement
• Ararat Men’s Shed – table saw
• Ararat Neighbourhood House – Comfortable Ambience – Delete the Heat project
• Ararat Show Society Inc. – shade shelter
• Ararat Tennis Club – lights on the east courts
• Ararat VRI Bowls Club – club uniforms
• Buangor Community Sports – barbecue upgrade
• Elmhurst Development Group/Market – seating and shade project
• Pyrenees Ranges Pleasure Drivers Inc. – toys for ponies, portable arena